Wednesday, February 24, 2010

One week down

I haven't posted in a while because I've been really busy settling in... Classes started this week. I only have one I haven't had yet tomorrow, which is the class I have to take for the Maryland program, Cleavages in Israel. I'm also taking beginning Hebrew, Psychology of Conflict Resolution, Conflict Seminar in Regional Conflicts, Guided Fieldwork and Writing Israel (a creative writing course). Things have been going pretty smoothly, although it's hard to adjust to classes outside of Simon's Rock after having been there for so long. Luckily, most of the classes I'm in are pretty small (the regional conflicts class is an honors seminar so it's like 12 kids or so).

I haven't been exploring the city TOO much since my last blog post, but I have been into town a bunch of times to get falafel and stuff. I still need to figure out a schedule of getting groceries because I've kind of been starving since I got here. But the food I have had has been very good.

Tomorrow we're going to a big Purim party, which I'm pretty excited about (Purim is kind of like the Jewish Halloween). I don't have a costume, but I think it'll be a good time.

Anyway, I'll post more when I have more to say, and once I take some pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

Haifa, Israel
I decided I want to keep a blog to document my semester abroad in Israel... So, here it is! I'm new to the whole public blogging scene, but I expect to have a lot of pictures and updates about my time away from home.

Followers